This course can be presented in-house via live webinar.
Advanced Blockchain Course Objectives:
- Learn why blockchain is so important and how blockchain is used
- Get an overview of how organisations work and operations and technology
- Have explained to them what is money and how does it acquire value
- Gain an understanding of the banking and payments infrastructure including the advent of the internet and the case for digital money
- Learn about the history of blockchain and digital currencies
- Get an overview of how blockchains and digital currencies work including the cryptographic primitives and the transactions and Consensus protocols
- Have explained to them cryptocurrency trading including and digital currency companies
- Master the regulatory, tax and compliance
Advanced Blockchain Course Content:
Background and Introductions
- Why is blockchain so important?
- How is blockchain used? Sector examples
- Market dynamics
- How organisations work
- Front-to-back office business processing | Goods and services
- Operations and technology
- Technology architecture | Centralised vs. distributed
- Supply and purchase
- How money works
- What is money and how does it acquire value?
- Banking and payments infrastructure
- Central banking and regulation
- The advent of the internet and the case for digital money
THE EMERGENCE OF DIGITAL CURRENCIES AND BLOCKCHAIN
History of Blockchain and Digital Currencies
- The first digital currency
- The world pre-bitcoin
- The challenge of digital money | Sending and receiving money online
- Bitcoin and why study it?
- The emergence of blockchain from Bitcoin
- Digital currencies – Bitcoin, Ether, Ripple, Dash, Litecoin, Zcash, Monero etc
- Hard forks and soft forks
How Blockchains and Digital Currencies work?
- Cryptographic primitives
- The hash function | SHA 256 and examples
- Digital signing
- Public / private key infrastructure
- The concept of identity and wallets
- Transactions and Consensus Protocols
- Blockchain, transactions and consensus; proof of work, proof of stake
- Sibil Attacks and Byzantine Fault Tolerance
The Blockchain Game – Teams Compete to Mine their Own Digital Currency
- Decentralized applications, open software and smart contracts
- Ethereum, and EOS
- Examples and their application
- Currency Segmentation
- An overview of digital currencies
- Market trends
- Initial Coin Offerings and capital raising
Digital Currency Trading Exercise
- Cryptocurrency Trading
- Introduction to digital currency trading
- Digital currency exchanges
- Example trading indicators – MACD, Moving Averages, Relative Strength
- Cyber security
- Corporate Structures
- Digital currency companies
- The DAO and Ethereum
Regulatory, Tax and Compliance
- Regulatory framework
- Tax treatment
- Money laundering – KYC and AML
- Corporate Structures
- Functional transformation and sector review
- Business model disruption
- Commercials and buying digital currencies
- Tokenised utility – SIA, REP, GNO, GNT, BAT
Workshop Session: How could your organisation employ this technology?
- Opportunity Assessments
- Proof of Concept
The Future: Where next for blockchain and digital currency technology?
- Vision and Opportunities
Recap and Close
Background of the trainer:
The trainer has over 20 years’ commercial, operational and technical experience working for commercial/investment banks (UBS/Deutsche Bank), a central bank and regulator (the Bank of England), a management consultancy firm (A.T. Kearney) and a global technology company (Fujitsu). He brings depth in terms of operational knowledge, and breadth in terms of sector knowledge from Utilities through to Media and Entertainment. The trainer has held front and back office roles in global investment banks, senior operations and technology strategy roles, and was a General Manager at Fujitsu. The trainer has worked in architecturally complex environments, grappling with the challenge of reconciling legacy and leading edge technologies. Operationally, he has run large, client sensitive platforms demanding high levels of availability.
Advanced Blockchain Course Summary:
Developments in FinTech are transforming financial services with blockchain and distributed ledger technology at the forefront. Both The Wall Street Journal and The Economist have described it as technology that could change the world. However, the application of the underlying technology goes well beyond financial services. Blockchain allows the creation of bespoke digital currencies to support commercial transactions which can be linked to smart contracts. The immutable nature of blockchain allows the provenance of transactions, goods and services to be recorded indefinitely. The cryptographic ecosystem supporting blockchain is perfect for managing the protection, distribution and monetisation of content for Media and Entertainment businesses. Digital currencies allow the tokenisation of service delivery and from Manufacturing, through to Healthcare, use cases for this nascent technology abound.
The underlying blockchains and cryptography provide technical solutions that are novel and clever, which are very different to the way current technology operates. Importantly, because they remove the need for trusted supplier intermediaries, they offer solutions which are potentially more competitive than traditional IT solutions.
This Advanced Blockchain course provides a grounded and sector relevant coverage of blockchain and related digital currency technology. Starting from first principles, the course approaches the technology from a number of different perspectives providing foundational knowledge that will enable delegates to return to their own organisations with a clear understanding of how this important technology impacts the bottom line.
This Advanced Blockchain course is a comprehensive guide to understanding and using blockchain technology, assisted through practical demonstrations and examples. It also includes an introduction to digital currency trading. It will leave people with real sense of its full potential.
What Redcliffe’s clients are saying about this course;
“Deymisting key concepts, answering all my “why” questions”
Brown Brothers Hemming
“The presenter was clear and informative, interactive session was well organised and a good break
to explain how the technology works”
“Deep dive into practical use of Block chain in commerce”
Delivering this course in-house for you to a number of participants could be very cost effective. Please call us on 020 7387 4484 to discuss this further.
If you have any questions about this seminar please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.