Takeovers Webinar Overview
Comcast has just declared its offer for Sky wholly unconditional, ending a hard fought and high profile takeover that hinged on complex areas of the Takeover Code. This 1.5 hour webinar is suitable for corporate lawyers and corporate finance practitioners requiring an in-depth understanding of current bid strategies and the rules within which they must operate. The battle for Sky will be analysed as a case study, alongside other deals in the headlines, to illustrate how the Takeover Code works in practice.Takeovers Webinar Content
Comcast Corporation and Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. bids for Sky plc
We will explore the commercial drivers and rules underlying one of the most hotly contested takeovers of recent years – the battle between Comcast Corporation and Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc for Sky plc. We will:
- Follow the bid from Comcast’s initial pre-conditional offer
- Examine the pivotal role of Sky’s independent committee
- Analyse the Panel’s contested ruling on a chain-principle offer to be made for Sky by The Walt Disney Company
- Explore the dramatic conclusion – a rare Panel-regulated blind auction
CYBG plc’s recommended bid for Virgin Money (Holdings) UK plc
- We will explore the FCA approval condition to which the takeover is subject, relating to the change of control of all FCA-authorised firms within CYBG plc and Virgin Money (Holdings) UK plc.
Petropavlovsk plc acting in concert investigation
- We will consider the implications of reports that the board of Petropavlovsk plc has asked the Takeover Panel to determine whether a group of shareholders are working in concert to seize control of the company.
Background of the trainer
The trainer is a corporate, capital markets and financial services lawyer with 24 years private practice experience. Alongside fee-earning she sat regulatory and compliance exams and frequently delivered training to colleagues, clients and compliance professionals.
She has led seminars and workshops on corporate law matters including share purchase agreements, joint ventures, takeovers and financial services topics such as anti-bribery and corruption, the financial promotion regime and market abuse. In terms of capital markets, she has delivered training sessions on bond issues and admission to AIM. She is a regular speaker at Goodacre UK training events and has covered developments in areas including anti-money laundering, shareholders’ rights and whistle-blowing.
Takeovers Webinar Summary
This year continues to distinguish itself as a key time for takeovers in the UK. High profile bids have provided valuable insights into deal tactics and the practical application of the Takeover Code.