The trainer is an international consultant and lecturer in trade finance. He also serves as the Secretary to the Banking Commission of the ICC Czech Republic which he regularly represents at the ICC Banking Commission.
He has worked for a number of leading local and international banks in various positions as a trade finance specialist, head of trade finance, trade finance risk manager, in-house trainer and others.
He has been deeply involved in the revision of UCP (Uniform Customs & Practice for Documentary Credits) as a member of the UCP 600 Consulting group, which is comprised of over forty experts from all over the world.
He chaired the working groups of the ICC CR which revised translations of UCP 500, UCP 600, eUCP, ISP98, URDG 758, ISDGP (International Standard Demand Guarantee Practice) and other Banking Commission documents as well as Incoterms 2010 and Incoterms 2020 into the Czech language.
He was involved in the development of URBPO (Uniform Rules for Bank Payment Obligations) as a member of the ICC Banking Commission Consulting group on BPO (business process outsourcing), and is also a member of:
- The ICC Task Force on Guarantees
- Global Supply Chain Finance Forum
- In the years 2010-2011 he also served as a member of the ICC Banking Commission Group of Experts which drafted the official ICC Banking Commission Opinions on ICC Rules
- In October 2014, the trainer was appointed to the position of the Secretary of Commission on Commercial Law and Practice of the ICC Czech Republic.
- He is also the appointed ICC CR expert to reply to enquiries related to Documentary Credits (D/Cs) and Structured Trade Finance (STF), as well as develop technical assistance consultancy services of ICC CR for banks, carriers, insurance companies and traders.
- He is a DOCDEX Expert of ICC Centre for Expertise with ICC International Arbitration Court in Paris.
- He is also an arbitrator with the Vilnius Arbitration Court, Lithuania.
He has been an active trainer under the Global Trade Finance program of the IFC (International Finance Corporation – a member of the World Bank Group) and similar trade finance facilitation programs of other DFIs (Development finance institutions), and is also the lead tutor in the Finance of International Trade with the eBusiness School International.
The trainer has delivered numerous seminars on the Incoterms 2000, Incoterms 2010 and Incoterms 2020, documentary credits, issuance of bank guarantees, standbys and other trade finance services, both in Czech Republic and globally. As an international trade finance consultant and lecturer, he has frequently lectured for the Banking Institute, Institute of Foreign Trade Transport & Forwarding, ICC NCs and the Economic Chamber of Commerce of the Czech Republic and others.
He has led and actively participated in a number of learning interventions held in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Singapore, Zambia, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa, Mozambique, Nigeria, U.K., USA, Ireland, Turkey, Russia, UAE, Vietnam, Mongolia, China and many other countries in Europe, Asia and Africa (in more than 65 countries of the world). He is the author of best-selling books on documentary credits and a member of the editorial board for the magazine Documentary Credit World.