Our trainer has a unique blend of experience in Law, Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Corporate Financial Management, General Management and Workouts. He has gained a worldwide reputation for the quality and depth of his training courses, which have been developed and presented over the past 20+ years.
- He trained as a lawyer at Cambridge and the Middle Temple and was called to the English bar.
- 5 years with an American bank (Chase), the world’s largest financier of oil and gas projects, as a corporate relationship manager in New York and London. During his 5 years in this role, he was involved in the development of the North Sea projects.
- 6 years of investment banking in Hong Kong and London (Wardley – the investment bank subsidiary of HSBC), primarily involved in mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings.
- 6 years as CFO of a public group with a joint head office in the United States and Australia. In this role he was engaged in some 35 acquisitions, over 20 equity raisings and a large number of complex financings, many of them structured on a limited recourse basis.
- 18 months: responsible for the ‘workout’ of a company in severe financial difficulties, being appointed as General Manager by KPMG.
For the past 20 years, the trainer has acted as an independent consultant and financial trainer. On the consulting side, he has been primarily involved in the financial modelling and structuring of power generation, LNG, mining, and petrochemical projects, as well as undertaking project vetting for many clients. On the training side, he conducts training courses in Financial Modelling, Loan Documentation, Project Finance and Corporate Finance, Corporate Valuation and M&A.