Our trade based money laundering course trainer is a highly experienced banker with a 40-year-long successful career HSB.
Passionate about international trade financing, this trainer ensures good outcomes for both the bank and its customers. He has experience in many industry sectors including international businesses, debt syndication, acquisition finance, credit risk and debt recovery management. Redcliffe’s sanctions compliance course leader's principal specialism is trade and commodities financing. During his career, he was selected for several key roles involving complex problem identification, analysis and resolution, leading to reductions in risk and loss and improved processes and compliance.
For 36 years of his career, this trainer undertook a wide range of management roles in business commercial and corporate banking. Positions included working in Credit & Risk, but predominantly as a relationship manager with a portfolio of trade-intensive customers, including 10 years as a Senior Trade Corporate Banking Manager, based in the City of London. This position included responsibility for 20+ large trade-intensive relationships (import/export and commodities), where the turnover of the largest clients was c£6 billion. Our TBML course trainer was also responsible for credit risk management aspects and, during this time, began running courses, initially on the subject of trade finance credit. He spent his final seven years at HSBC as Senior Trade Portfolio Risk Manager in London. His roles there included:
- overseeing the UK commercial segment’s trade portfolio, monitoring general performance and quality assurance.
- providing expert advice to sales managers, credit officers and other stakeholders on debt structuring and the use of appropriate products.
- developing analytical and monitoring models to support increased facilities or to identify adverse trends.
- assisting corporate recovery managers in minimising potential losses due to debt exposure or from an operational perspective.
- delivering trade finance training courses to stakeholders (in debt structuring and products).
Before leaving HSBC he completed the Certificate in Trade Based Financial Crime Compliance issued by ICA / Manchester University Business School.
Since leaving HSBC he has been delivering sessions including our trade based money laundering course, to a wide range of banks, finance houses and trading companies.