Our project finance course trainer has a unique blend of experience. His expertise is in Law, Corporate and Investment Banking, Corporate Financial Management, General Management and Workout. He has gained a worldwide reputation for the quality and depth of his training courses, including our project financing course, which has been developed and presented over 20+ years. Further to this, our trainer:
- Trained as a lawyer at Cambridge and the Middle Temple where he was called to the English bar.
- 5 years spent with an American bank (Chase), the world’s largest financier of oil & gas projects, as a corporate relationship manager in New York and London. In the 5 years in this role, he was exposed to the development of the North Sea projects and petrochemicals.
- 6 years were spent in investment banking in Hong Kong and London (Wardley – the investment bank subsidiary of HSBC), which is primarily involved in mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings.
- 6 years as CFO of a public group with a joint head office in the United States and Australia. In this role, he has engaged in 35 acquisitions, over 20 equity raisings and a large number of complex financings, many of them structured on a limited recourse basis.
- 18 months responsible for the ‘workout’ of a company in severe financial difficulties, being appointed as General Manager by KPMG. For the past 20 years, our trainer has acted as an independent consultant and financial trainer.
Not only this; on the consulting side, he has been primarily involved in the financial modelling and structuring of power generation, LNG, mining, and petrochemical projects, as well as undertaking project vetting for several clients. Whilst on the training side, he conducts training courses in Financial Modelling, Loan Documentation, Corporate Finance, Corporate Valuation and M&A, and of course our very own Advanced Project Finance course.