The trainer works with all levels of management helping them develop new skills to improve organisational sustainability.
He specialises in helping organisations achieve their goals, by developing their people & increasing sales. Recent projects include Finance for Sales with Tata Steel, Finance & Commercial Negotiation Skills for ESPO, and a “mini MBA” programme for Oman Broadband, in addition to leadership and communications skills programmes for financial services, manufacturers and healthcare professionals.
He specifically designs training for companies to help managers & leaders understand how their decisions affect overall performance. This training has been delivered in 25 countries across Europe and the Middle East, with clients in at least 150 organisations, including 8 insurance companies, 7 banks, 5 energy services companies, plus hotels, automotive companies, retailers, agriculture, charities and public sector organisations. His background in financial services enables him to work with a wide range of institutions to develop their business and communications skills. The trainer can combine this with coaching and leadership skills, while remembering that professionals in many organisations have to develop their communication skills to match their responsibilities.
The trainer’s qualifications include an MBA from Cranfield University, and he is a Master's Practitioner in NLP. He also holds the Financial Planning Certificate, is Level A qualified in Psychometric Testing through the British Psychological Society, and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development. In addition, he is a Member of the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning, The Chartered Institute of Bankers, an Associate Member of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council, and a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association.
KEY SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Working with a variety of training suppliers designing and delivering Sales and Management training to delegates from varied backgrounds.
- Improving Impact in Communication, & Communication for Performance, FBN Bank London
- Persuasion, Influence & Negotiation in Financial Services – open training in London
- Negotiation Skills for Client Relationship Building in Mergers & Acquisitions - London & Miami, plus Deloitte London
- Change and Resilience Training – Invesco
- Financial Oversight training – James Hambro LLP London
- Universal Banking Skills - Major Strategy, Change, Innovation & Sales Skills development 10-day programme for Middle Eastern bank, involving main board members and senior management
- Strategy, Risk, Organisation Culture and Key Account Management Skills for Divisional Directors and Managers– Kier Group
- Communication Skills for Managers – Charles Stanley
- Financial Analysis & Development workshops - American Express Bahrain
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis – Bank of Palestine, Ramallah
- Finance, Budgets & Business Case webinars NFU Mutual
- Influence & Persuasion Skills – Co Operative Bank
- Building Impactful Relationships – Handelsbanken UK
- Compliance Training, including Retail Distribution Review, Regulator visit, professionalism & ethics, and Conflicts of Interest – for Insurance brokers, banks, & investment advisors – London & across the UK
- Boardroom communication skills –UIA Insurance UK
- Investment Strategy & pension fund accounting – Nigerian National Pensions Regulator, Lagos
- Management & Leadership Skills, plus Advanced presentation Skills - Senior Partners, London Stockbroking firm
- Business Planning & Financial Management Skills training – Self-employed insurance agents running their own agencies
- Mentoring Skills for Deutsche Bank
Mentoring and coaching business professionals in skills and personal development
- Coaching for business development – Finance Director of private retail chain, Insurance Broker, Pensions specialist and Senior Solicitor
- Mentor for Mowgli – the cross-cultural mentoring charity
Development and delivery of training solutions for managers working with high net worth clients in retail financial services.
- Delivered and developed a substantial consultative sales programme for new Account Managers and Account Executives
- Delivered sales management training to Centre Managers and Sales Managers enabling them to increase sales and develop their staff through coaching
- Trainer training in sales and instructional techniques for new team members, enabling them to quickly deliver effective training courses
Responsible for staff providing sales and service to personal customers in branch banking.
- Developed sales in areas of investment business, leading to multi-million-pound introductions to bank investment managers
- Running training courses in management, negotiation & lending skills
- Controlling lending and recovery negotiations through a team responsible for a multi-million-pound lending book
- Reducing the level of bad debts through effective management of the lending team and their processes
- Developed and maintained multi-million-pound business from a portfolio of high net worth clients